As somebody who writes for a living, most of what I produce is written in a very specific tone of voice. This is fun and challenging and a good way to pay the bills, but it’s not exactly…me.
I started my blog Zoeego in 2015 to express a different style: something more honest and a little closer to the person inside my head. Here there are no rules or limits; no housestyle, no paying customers to try to impress. Just the knowledge that my mum’s probably going to read this so I should try not to swear.
I write about what I like whenever I can. The fact that you are reading this is just a happy bonus.
Thank you, whoever you are, for spending your precious browsing time here on my blog. Hopefully you’ll find something that you can relate to.
Oh, and you clicked here because you wanted to know something about me.
Some things about me
Let’s do this in bullets, we’re beyond the need for full sentences now.
- I’m a female.
- I’m in my late 20s and not at all terrified of getting older.
- 30 is the new 20 right?
- I’m half Welsh, a bit Irish, a bit Scottish and the rest is reluctantly English.
- I’ve been rewriting the same novel for eight years.
- I like jogging. I’m not mad, I promise. I do it for the endorphin rush and the view.
- I like yoga. I like the plinkyplonky music and feeling bendy.
- I like humiliating myself in Les Mills workout classes. I’m not sure why.
- I like music that either makes me want to cry or run.
- I can’t tolerate onions. They incite a revulsion in me that borders on anger.
- There is a marked disconnect between the person I am on the inside and the person I am able to project on the outside. It’s either crippling self-criticisim and a fear of rejection, or it’s that I think too highly of my inside self and am thus sorely disappointed every time I open my mouth and fail to live up to my own ludicrous expectations.
- I’m a bit disillusioned by humanity, but I try not to be boring about it.
- The worst thing in the world is animal abuse. I can’t understand it, I never want to understand it, and I wish instant death upon all those who do it.
- It doesn’t take much to make me happy. Food, the prospect of exploring a new place, a great view, a sunny day, a cold beer, some Kettle chips, a nice song, a compliment, a cottage by the sea, winning the Lottery, not having to work anymore, all the nasty people die, heavy rain after a hot day.
That’s enough about me for now! I suppose the point is that I’m not very interesting. But I am interested – in things, in places, in you. So if you like what you read here, please do comment, like, share, print out my entire website and stick it on a lamppost if you like.
Thanks and bye for now!